Saturday, August 27, 2011

Palisades in Action

Not content with merely earthquakes and swamp fires, Mother Nature has sent a hurricane to the William and Mary campus, so we had to evacuate. Fortunately, this means I can post the photos that my dad took at my brother's baby shower. It was a picnic at a park near their house - the perfect occasion to wear a 1940's summer dress! I missed the fact that it was a barbeque (one of the ultimate stainers), so I stuck to veggies, guacamole, and mac&cheese.

Toby, the future father:

Me with a friend of Toby and Sheela. Her mom has boxes and boxes of vintage pattern - a useful connection to have.

Here's Sheela and her sister-in-law who is also pregnant. There were at least 5 pregnant women at the baby shower.

My other brother, Steve, putting some much-needed bug spray on Sheela. Also Toby...

They had the great idea of having the guests design onesies for the baby. Here's mama (who is apparently trying to match me) drawing hers:

My onesie, yes I know, I should totally go into textile design

Some of my favorites:







No comments:

Post a Comment